Classified AdsClassified Ads : Classic Cars For Sale :
1948 DeSoto Convertible Rare
Item #: 16368
Rare - 1948 DeSoto Convertible for Sale
Ed and Tanya Johnson purchased the 1948 DeSoto in 1995 from Edwin Spiegel of Murrysville, PA.
At one time, Edwin Spiegel had seven warehouses of new old Chrysler stock inventory, which was purchased by Edwin and his father. From these warehouses Edwin decided to restore two 1948 DeSotos primarily using new old stock.
The rust free burgundy 1948 DeSoto frame-up restoration included:
· All new old stock fenders
· New old stock grille, moldings, handles & ornaments
· Engine underwent a full rebuild, radiator NOS
· Professionally installed Bedford burgundy & beige upholstery
· Hartz beige cloth convertible electric top
· Car equipment includes, radio, heater, turn signals, lighter, lighted lady hood ornament, spot light and white walls.
This car has taken 1st and 2nd place in National & Regional DeSoto Club Meets and local concourses.
Many featured articles in magazines.
The car has been kept in a heated garage at Dock Street Garage.