As I set up our booth at the 2015 Salem Roadster Show, I was in awe of the beautiful '71 Mach 1 that was on display, just across from our booth. Throughout the weekend, I had a chance to talk with the owner, Larry, who mentioned this was the first showing of his recently completed Concours +1 Quality Restoration rated Mach 1...well deserved, Larry!
Larry Smith's 1971 Mustang Mach 1
It's been a 10+ year restoration by owner & builder Larry Smith of Salem, Oregon,
and it was time and money well spent. Larry's recently appraised,
numbers matching 1971 Mach 1 received a Concours +1 Quality Restoration rating.
As the 3rd owner, Larry purchased the car 29 years ago from a
Ford Dealership in Halfmoon Bay, CA.
Larry is a part time restorer in the Salem area and is also the proud owner
of an unrestored 1969 Shelby survivor that he's owned for 32 years.
The Mach 1 is the 5th vehicle he's restored/built.
* 351C-4V-M Code
* Bore & Stroke: 4.00" x 3.50"
* Compression Ratio: 10.7
* Brake Horsepower: 300 @ 5200 rpm
* Maximum Torque: 370 lb. ft. @ 4000 rpm
* Cant Valve Heads, 2.19" Intake & 1.71" Exhaust Valves
* Fuel: Premium 98 - 100 Octane
* Paint: Bright Blue Metallic with Argent trim color
* 4 Speed wide ratio top loader with Hurst Shifter
* Power Brakes: Front disc & Rear drum
* 9" Ford Traction Lok, 350:1 ratio, 31 spline axles with a nodular iron case
* Mach 1 Sports Interior with color keyed seats & carpet
* Magnum 500 Chrome Steel Wheels
* Full console with clock & gauges
* Tilt Wheel & Anti-Theft lock steering column
* Rim blow steering wheel
* Intermittent Windshield Wipers
* Fold down rear seat
* Variable ratio power steering
* Competition Suspension with staggered shocks
* Space saver spare tire
* NASA space age hood with dual ram air
* Rocker Panel Moldings
* Color-keyed dual racing style mirrors
* Tinted Windshield Glass
* Wood tone trim on door panels and dash
* Under hood, trunk, glove box, map, & courtesy lights "lights-on" warning buzzer, parking brake & seat belt lights
* Color keyed front bumper, front spoiler & rear deck spoiler
* Argent tape stripes
Larry plans to have his Mach 1 at the 4th Annual Kyron's Car Show
on August 2nd at Liberty High School in Hillsboro, Oregon.
It’s easy to share this posting on Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and more, using the buttons below !
We also invite you to Sign Up to receive our
Northwest Classic Auto Mall e-mail newsletter
for updates on classic vehicles for sale and car events.