As I set up our booth at the 2015 Salem Roadster Show, I was in awe of the beautiful '71 Mach 1 that was on display, just across from our booth. Throughout the weekend, I had a chance to talk with the owner, Larry, who mentioned this was the first showing of his recently completed Concours +1 Quality Restoration rated Mach 1...well deserved, Larry!
Larry Smith's 1971 Mustang Mach 1
It's been a 10+ year restoration by owner & builder Larry Smith of Salem, Oregon,
and it was time and money well spent. Larry's recently appraised,
numbers matching 1971 Mach 1 received a Concours +1 Quality Restoration rating.
As the 3rd owner, Larry purchased the car 29 years ago from a
Ford Dealership in Halfmoon Bay, CA.
Larry is a part time restorer in the Salem area and is also the proud owner
of an unrestored 1969 Shelby survivor that he's owned for 32 years.
The Mach 1 is the 5th vehicle he's restored/built.
* 351C-4V-M Code
* Bore & Stroke: 4.00" x 3.50"
* Compression Ratio: 10.7
* Brake Horsepower: 300 @ 5200 rpm
* Maximum Torque: 370 lb. ft. @ 4000 rpm
* Cant Valve Heads, 2.19" Intake & 1.71" Exhaust Valves
* Fuel: Premium 98 - 100 Octane
* Paint: Bright Blue Metallic with Argent trim color
* 4 Speed wide ratio top loader with Hurst Shifter
* Power Brakes: Front disc & Rear drum
* 9" Ford Traction Lok, 350:1 ratio, 31 spline axles with a nodular iron case
* Mach 1 Sports Interior with color keyed seats & carpet
* Magnum 500 Chrome Steel Wheels
* Full console with clock & gauges
* Tilt Wheel & Anti-Theft lock steering column
* Rim blow steering wheel
* Intermittent Windshield Wipers
* Fold down rear seat
* Variable ratio power steering
* Competition Suspension with staggered shocks
* Space saver spare tire
* NASA space age hood with dual ram air
* Rocker Panel Moldings
* Color-keyed dual racing style mirrors
* Tinted Windshield Glass
* Wood tone trim on door panels and dash
* Under hood, trunk, glove box, map, & courtesy lights "lights-on" warning buzzer, parking brake & seat belt lights
* Color keyed front bumper, front spoiler & rear deck spoiler
* Argent tape stripes
Stay informed about newly listed vehicles for sale and upcoming car events!
Sign Up for our Northwest Classic Auto Mall Newsletter.