Lau Garage / Estate Sale - October 24 & 25, 2015
The Lau Garage Sale encompasses the 70 year collection of vintage Ford aficionados, David and Fred Lau. The father and son lived and breathed Fords: particularly Henry's legendary Model T's of 1908-1927. The Laus were well-known in the old-car hobby for their broad knowledge of Fords, their restoration prowess and sharing with fellow hobbyists. David Lau died in 1994. Following Fred Lau's passing in April of 2015, the family has retained Charvet Classic Cars to hold a two-day "Garage Sale" of items from the Lau Collection on October 24 and 25, 2015 at the Lau Garages in Portland, Oregon. Note that THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION. All items will be individually priced for immediate sale.
The size and scope of the collection is remarkable. With literally THOUSANDS OF ITEMS including some of the rarest early Ford parts, memorabilia and dealer items that have been unobtainable for decades. This will truly be a "once-in-a-lifetime" event for early Ford collectors, restorers, historians and enthusiasts. DON'T MISS IT!
The sale will be held on Saturday, October 24th and Sunday, October 25th, 2015. Sale hours are 9:00am to 3:00pm.
NO EARLY SALES. Numbers will be issued each morning of the sale for admission and attendees will be admitted in numerical order. We reserve the right to limit the number of persons on the property at any time.
Sale will be held at the Lau Garages
4903 N. Harvard Street. Portland, Oregon 97203
PLEASE NOTE: This is private property in a residential neighborhood. Please be respectful of our neighbors. NO CAMPING OR OVERNIGHT STAYS ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY. Also note that PARKING IS LIMITED TO SPACES ON THE STREET. This area is one block from the University of Portland and depending upon their schedule of events, parking may be difficult. Please plan accordingly and PARK LEGALLY. We are not responsible for towed vehicles. Parking enforced by City of Portland Police.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ - TERMS OF SALE:
1. TERMS: NET CASH. Payment in full due at time of purchase.
2. NO ITEMS WILL BE HELD. Everything sold "First come - first served."
All items sold "AS IS" with all faults and without warranties of any kind regarding condition, function, authenticity or suitability.
3. ALL SALES FINAL. No refunds, returns, exchanges or credit.
4. ALL ITEMS TO BE REMOVED AT TIME OF PURCHASE.
5. HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: All participants entering the property do so AT THEIR OWN RISK. It is understood that this was a working garage/shop facility with old equipment and items that may be dangerous. The Lau family, Charvet Classic Cars and their agents are not responsible for any injuries resulting from participation in this event. We are not responsible for loss or damage to personal items on the premises.
6. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON.
We may ask disruptive persons to leave the premises. Your cooperation is appreciated!
7. ALL PERSONS ON THE PROPERTY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS whether read by them or not. Your participation in this event is your agreement.
• REMEMBER: "OLD CARS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!" ENJOY YOURSELF!
Visit the Lau Garage Sale Website for more details!
It's easy to share this slideshow/article on Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and more, using the buttons below!
Join Northwest Classic Auto Mall on Facebook to hear about newly posted car shows, cruise-ins, swap meets and classic vehicles for sale.
We also invite you to Sign Up to receive our e-mail newsletter for updates on classic vehicles for sale and car events.